Ever feel like you just can't get enough air?
That's one symptom of Nasal Airway Obstruction
Nasal Airway Obstruction feels like you have a congested or blocked nose, and it can significantly affect the quantity air you are able to inhale.
So, what causes Nasal Airway Obstruction and what can I do about it?
A triangular area within your nasal passage called the “nasal valve” is formed by three structures:
- The Septum - the narrow ridge of bone and tissue between the two nostrils.
- The Turbinates – fingerlike areas of tissue that warm, humidify and direct air as it enters your nasal cavity
- The Lateral Wall - the side tissue that forms the outer wall of your nose
Enlargement of any of these structures will decrease the overall area in the nasal valve and lead to Nasal Airway Obstruction, reducing the airflow through your nasal passages. This lower volume of air may lead to additional symptoms:
- Chronic nasal congestion, or stuffiness
- Persistent nasal blockage or obstruction
- Difficulty breathing through nose
- Difficulty sleeping
- Snoring and fatigue
- Inability to get enough air during activities
You can try traditional treatments
Ongoing home remedies like breathing strips, nasal dilators, and sprays may or may not work, and even if they do, they will never be a permanent solution.
Traditional nasal surgery is another choice, but it involves pain, extended recovery, and end results that are not always satisfactory.
Now you have a third option - VIVAER®
VIVAER®is a brief, non-invasive procedure performed in our office. It involves no cutting or long recovery. Your nasal valve area is gently and permanently reshaped using radiofrequency energy. You’ll begin to feel a noticeable improvement in nasal breathing immediately after your treatment.
VIVAER® Non-Invasive Nasal Airway Remodeling is a better solution 1
VIVAER® gives you a treatment for nasal airway obstruction that offers significant benefits without the disadvantages.
It's Convenient, Fast, Straighforward
- performed in the comfort of an office setting
- requires only local anesthetic
- total procedure time is less than 15 minutes
- you can return to your normal activities right away
Simple, Non-Invasive, Unique
- no incisions or cutting
- no destruction or removal of tissue
- no implants, no exterior change
- uses a proven, proprietary technology that gently reshapes your nasal airway with radiofrequency
It's Effective, Proven, Documented 2
Clinical studies in Europe and the US have shown significant improvement in nasal obstruction symptoms, previously seen only in invasive surgical treatment, with 94% response to treatment, 88% overall patient satisfaction, and 0% device related serious adverse effects.
VIVAER® Nasal Airway Remodeling - goes beyond traditional treatment options, delivers results beyond expectations.1
Find out if you are a candidate to breathe easier with VIVAER®
Contact us for an evaluation!
- Rhee, JS et al. A Systematic Review of Patient Reported Nasal Obstruction Scores, JAMA FacialPlastSurg. 2014;16(3):219-2